Types of Projects/Engineering Services Offered:
- The firm principals, Mr. Richard McMillian, PE and Mr. Thomas E. Hancock, PE have over 50 years of combined civil
engineering experience on public works infrastructure projects and have worked jointly on successfully completed
projects for over a decade.
- White River Engineering, Inc. utilizes a combination of engineering expertise and state-of-the-art computer aided design
and analysis software to complete projects quickly and efficiently, translating to lower design fees while providing the
client with the highest quality of service.
- Our office is located in downtown Springfield, Missouri. This centralized location allows us to perform the required
services, meet with project representatives regularly to report progress, and provide a high level of satisfaction with
- White River Engineering, Inc. offers civil engineering services for various types of public and private infrastructure
projects including sidewalks, streets, site civil, stormwater management, wastewater collection and treatment, and
potable water supply storage and distribution. Our services include engineering reports, facility planning and economic
evaluations, grant application preparation, plans and specifications preparation, easement preparation, bidding,
contract administration, construction staking, and construction observation.
- Our roadway design services encompass all aspects of design, right-of-way, and construction document preparation for
roadway and intersection geometrics, curb and gutters, stormwater conveyance, and sidewalk improvements. Roadway
designs are typically performed in the AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 environment. Interoperability standards support additional
CAD platforms including Bentley Systems Micro Station.
- We provide a full range of stormwater management services including bioretention and detention, culverts, erosion and
sediment control, floodplain analysis and mapping, stormwater conveyance, stormwater treatment, and watershed
modeling. We are experienced with a wide variety of Low Impact Development (LID) techniques and integrated
management practices for developing green stormwater management solutions. Stormwater design and analysis are
performed utilizing Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis 2011 (BOSS StormNET), HEC-RAS 4.1.0, Intelisolve
Hydraflow, EPA SWMM and EPA SUSTAIN.
- Our firm principals have completed numerous wastewater conveyance and treatment projects during their careers from
initial conception through design, construction and initial operation. Our services include design of complete collection
and treatment systems for un-sewered communities, wastewater treatment plant expansions, infiltration and Inflow (I &
I) studies, operation and maintenance manual preparation, rehabilitation of existing sewer systems, and residential on-
site treatment systems. Our experience has included many lift station designs, several of which incorporated surge
tanks, odor control facilities and standby power systems. Lift station designs have ranged in size and complexity and
include small duplex submersible grinder pump stations, duplex vacuum-primed wet-well mounted pump stations, and
duplex and triplex submersible non-clog pump stations.
- Potable water supply storage and distribution services include engineering reports, master planning, rate studies and
water distribution system modeling. Design services include construction and permit document preparation for supply,
distribution and storage systems. Bentley Systems WaterCad is utilized within the AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 environment
for design and analysis.
- White River Engineering, Inc. performs a variety of engineering studies and reports for planning, expansion and
development. Our services include antidegradation studies, environmental assessments, facility planning and
economic evaluations, floodplain mapping, infrastructure assessments and master planning.
- The extensive list of successfully completed projects in Richard’s and Thomas’ Résumés and the linked Project List
are indicative of White River Engineering’s familiarity with a wide range of Local, State, and Federal permitting
processes and our ability to successfully coordinate with multiple Local, State, and Federal Agencies. Many of our
projects have required the use of multiple funding sources including various Department of Natural Resources Grant
and Loan Programs, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, and USDA Rural Development funds.
- Topographic and boundary surveys and construction staking are performed by local subconsultants under our direct
supervision. Our software capabilities include use of Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) point cloud data for design
and GIS mapping purposes. Our services include preparation of right-of-way descriptions, easements, and exhibits.